- RSS Channel Showcase 3467044
- RSS Channel Showcase 4254156
- RSS Channel Showcase 6744888
- RSS Channel Showcase 3352410
Articles on this Page
- 11/05/12--09:45: _You Should Buy A Wi...
- 11/23/12--07:45: _Could A Charity Gam...
- 11/02/12--07:45: _Go Home Sandy, You ...
- 11/03/12--10:13: _Meme Watch: Meet Th...
- 11/03/12--13:51: _Haters Can’t Hate: ...
- 11/05/12--09:20: _MTV Is Doing A Hurr...
- 11/06/12--09:03: _Bruce Springsteen M...
- 12/12/12--18:54: _Adam Sandler – Hall...
- 12/13/12--07:45: _A 12-12-12 Concert ...
- 04/03/13--12:15: _Beastie Boys’ Mike ...
- 05/01/13--08:48: _Robert Downey Jr. S...
- 11/01/12--10:15: _What Songs Should B...
- 11/02/12--07:45: _Go Home Sandy, You ...
- 11/02/12--11:46: _NBA, Players Associ...
- 11/08/12--04:00: _11.8 The Cooler
- 11/21/12--11:15: _Getting Along Witho...
- 11/03/12--08:49: _Louis C.K.’s love l...
- 12/11/12--05:50: _Exclusive: Bon Jovi...
- 12/12/12--12:58: _Surprise: R.E.M.’s ...
- 01/15/13--02:35: _Watch: Sandy Hook s...
- 11/23/12--07:45: Could A Charity Game End The NHL Lockout?
- 11/06/12--09:03: Bruce Springsteen Made New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Cry
- 12/12/12--18:54: Adam Sandler – Hallelujah (We're New Yorkers)
- 11/08/12--04:00: 11.8 The Cooler
- 11/21/12--11:15: Getting Along Without Power, Heat And Michael Kiwanuka’s Music
- 11/03/12--08:49: Louis C.K.’s love letter to New York and ‘Saturday Night Live’
So the other day I was trying to clean up my home office for once in my life, and I came to the realization that I have way too many [...]
Not like they really needed it, but we can add yet another reason to support the NHL players as we enter Day 70 of the NHL lockout – they’re good [...]
In one of the college bars in the college town where I attended college (college!) some charmer over a decade ago drunkenly scribbled “I f–ked your mom last night” above one of the urinals. Shortly after a much wittier gentleman with far better handwriting replied, “Go home dad, you’re drunk.” I was 18 or 19 the first time I saw it and at the time thought it was the pinnacle of humor.
You know what Hurricane Katrina was missing? SEX APPEAL. Hurricane Sandy didn’t have the same problem.
As [New York City] reels from a devastating natural disaster that has affected the lives of hundreds of thousands, Brazilian glamour model and Manhattan resident Nana Gouvêa used this as an ill-conceived opportunity to fill out her lookbook.
Gouvêa, who reportedly appeared in Brazilian Playboy, showed a complete lack of sensitivity as she seductively posed by crushed cars, fallen trees and the debris-filed city streets.
It’s easy to make fun of Christina Aguilera. She wore chaps while singing “Dirrty.” She’s the host of a reality show. She starred in the hilariously terrible Burlesque. She had some ambiguous liquid oozing down her leg while performing “At Last” on CNN. She wore a confusing Halloween costume. She…well, this album cover. But girl’s got impeccable pipes, which she proved during last night’s Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together benefit.
Following the lead of networks like NBC and ABC, MTV has decided to produce their own Hurricane Sandy special. The one-hour special will be titled “Restore the Shore,” and will attempt to raise funds for the ravaged New Jersey town of Seaside Heights. If “Seaside Heights” rings a bell for those of you who don’t live in the NY/NJ/PA area, it’s because it was the location for most of the seasons of Jersey Shore.
Well here’s an uplifting election season tale that should warm even the coldest heart: With significant portions of his state ravaged by Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has been all over the news of late, usually wearing a “Chris Christie, Governor” fleece, a happening that led to him being impersonated on SNL over the weekend.
Adam Sandler’s contribution to the 12.12.12 concert for Sandy Relief was a hilarious tribute to New Yorkers.
ANYWAY. The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Kanye West, Chris Martin (with Michael Stipe), Roger Waters, and Bon Jovi, among others, all played sets during last night’s 12-12-12: The Concert for Sandy Relief charity gig at Madison Square Garden, but the performance that everyone’s talking about this morning is: Sir Paul McCartney with Nirvana.
Two of life’s greatest treasures, Beastie Boys and food trucks, have come together to help out those who suffered from one of the sh*ttiest things that’s happened to New York in decades: Hurricane Sandy. Much of the city is still a mess from the disastrous storm, particularly in Brooklyn. But Mike D has been helping out victims of the storm…by handing out “hearty and warm” free food.
In case you were unaware, Robert Downey Jr. is pretty much the coolest guy on the face of the planet. At some point between Iron Man and now, he apparently just assumed the identity of Tony Stark and ran with it. Or maybe Tony Stark assumed RDJ’s identity. I’m not really sure, to be honest. But the point is that Downey is pretty f*cking cool.
bruce billyuproxxbruce billy
sdcadetMichael Kiwanuka 2
I’ve been so tied up in my own little world this week, toiling away, working on this and that, closed up in the apartment for the most part (typical when you’re at your busiest in this line of work — and this has probably been the busiest week of the season for me), mainly aware of the horrors of Sandy via the news like most of you.
Richie Sambora may be in one of the most successful rock and roll bands of all time, but the Bon Jovi guitarist says he”s just a geeky music fan like the rest of us, especially when it comes to being in the presence of some of his music heroes.
Such will be the case tomorrow night when Bon Jovi joins such acts as The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney and The Who for the 12-12-12 Concert to benefit Hurricane Sandy victims.
It took a storm for Michael Stipe to temporarily step out of R.E.M. retirement. The former frontman made a surprise appearance at the 12-12-12 Concert for Sandy Relief concert with Coldplay’s Chris Martin.
Martin first performed a solo “Viva La Vida” on acoustic guitar for the crowd at New York’s Madison Square Garden before welcoming Stipe to the stage.
Grab your tissues. There”s no way you can get watch students from Newtown, Conn”s Sandy Hook Elementary performing “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” without tearing up.
One month after the shooting that claimed 26 lives at the school, 21 current and former students from the school sang the “Wizard Of Oz” classic on “Good Morning America.” Singer/songwriter Ingrid Michaelson accompanied the children ukulele on an arrangement of the song made famous by Hawaiian artist Israel Kamakawiwo”ole.